Who qualifies for this scholarship?
- Applicants may be FRA members or spouses, sons or grandsons, daughters or granddaughters of members in good standing of the Fleet Reserve Association or of members in good standing at the time of their death.
- Members must have been continuous members (in good standing) for two years prior to the award being made to an applicant.
- Applicants must be US citizens and pursue Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or Aviation oriented degrees. They must attend an accredited college/university or technical institution in the United States and must remain a student in good standing.
If I meet the requirements, are there any additional criteria that will make me ineligible?
- Students attending a US Military Academy or those in a reserve officer candidate program receiving aid are not eligible.
What criteria is used to determine who will receive the scholarship?
- Applicants must be students who further their education in general, aviation or aeronautical engineering degree programs.
The Walter Beall Scholarship is adjudicated on:
- Curriculum goals
- Community activities
- Grade Point Average
- Scholastic aptitude test scores
- Financial needs, based on income and educational expenses
How many scholarships are awarded each year?
- Based on funds available, a specific number has not been designated.
What is the size of the scholarship?
- The awards range from $2,000.00 to $5,000.00, each judged on the applicant’s merits, financial need, scholastic achievements, and community involvement.
I received this scholarship last year, can I reapply ?
- Yes, recipients of previous awards may re-apply.
How do I apply ?
To obtain an application, click on the download link below and email the filled out PDF to the email address below, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (to arrive by April 1st) to:
- Walter Beall Scholarship Foundation
Attn: PRPNE/NEng James Brown
925 Carlton Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10312-3338
What is the latest date I can request an application?
Requests for applications must be made prior to April 1st of each year.
When does the application for the scholarship have to be returned?
The deadline is April 15th. Applications must be postmarked no later than midnight 15 April.
Applications postmarked after 15 April will not be considered.